Tuesday, February 12, 2013

This is What Love & Family Can Do

This weekend started Chinese New Year.  So I got the kids dressed in the outfits we bought in China.  We did not buy new ones this trip because Hope & Maggie were not interested in them.  Thankfully we bought larger sizes 3 years ago and the dresses fit the girls.  YAY!

So I got the kids dressed up.  And of course took photos.  I look at our kids, and think about where they came from.  And where they are now.  I actually forget about Abby, Jadyn & Ethan even being adopted, because they were babies when we brought them home.  But Hope & Maggie are different, because they were older.  They brought part of China home with them.  I remember how scared they were on Aug 6.  And now I see their beautiful smiles.

I'm amazed at what Love & Family can do to a child.  It changes them, FOREVER.  Even though we have some hard days, I'm so thankful that we adopted.  I look at each of them and can see God's awesome love.  I see miracles.  And I'm just so thankful.