Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's a new week!

So, last week many received their LOA/LSC's who have dates around us or even after us.  And yet we did not get a phone call.  Yes, I was bummed. Yes, every time the phone rang I jumped hoping it was our agency. And every single time it was a solicitor.  UGH!  So Friday evening came and I knew there was no possibility of a phone call. And you know what?  The phone has not rang once.  NADA!  No solicitors calling.  Nothing!

So the weekend is here and I can relax.  And try not to think about the phone call. But it's hard. Especially since I'm so scared we will hit the "century club" (people who have waited 100+ days).  It happens.  It shouldn't, but it does.  We are on day 65 today.  So the call could come this week.  Praying it comes this week.

I'm also stressing out over this call because the sooner we get it, the sooner we go to China. And looking at the dates, if we got it now, it's pushing end of July beginning of August before we would leave.  I REALLY want to be home before the first day of school. Which is around August 20th I think.  Not quite sure yet.  Anyway.....I keep reminding myself that God has this. He's in control. He has the perfect time for us to go to China.  And we ARE going to China.  So I need to just relax, take deep breaths and wait.  Wait on Him.  And honestly, that is just SO hard.

Today I woke up and saw 5 precious photos of Maggie.  I'm not allowed to share them.  But trust me, they are PRECIOUS!  She's doing school work and making crafts.  She's smiling.  She's concentrating.  She's wearing a jean jacket, has her hair pulled back in a ponytail and has a hairband on top.  She looks stylish.  And she also looks TINY!  Very skinny.  I'm so afraid the clothes we've been buying will fall right off of her.

This week our agency did tell us they would inquire about where we are at in the LSC wait.  And they also said they would get updated measurements on the girls.  And that could lead to more pictures.  Woo Hoo.  We are praying the orphanage will agree to the request.  So hopefully soon, we will get height & weight updates.  And we also asked some questions.  PRAYING they give us answers.

So I think that is the latest.  More waiting. More questions. :-)

I have 4 prayer requests:
1)Please continue to pray for us about our kids.  We would LOVE to take them all to China. We feel that this will be important for them, and for Hope & Maggie.  But the cost of travel worries us and also taking 4 kids and coming home with 6 kids on a 14 hour flight.  :-)  Yes, we know that there will be added stress taking everyone. But we think that having them there, and having them meet their new sisters will outweigh the stress of the travel.  :-)

2) Please pray that if we do not take them to China, that we can find someone who can stay with our kids at our house while we're gone.  We're not too concerned about the girls. But more worried about leaving Ethan.  He's never been away from me and that makes us nervous.

4) Pray for Hope & Maggie. That Jesus is softening their hearts and preparing them for us. That they will not be scared, but excited. That they will want to come home with us. And that bonding will be easy for all of us.  Pray for their health. That they will not be sick or get sick on the journey.

3) And please pray for the rest of this journey to go smoothly and timely.  That there will be no unnecessary delay. And that we will have peace while we wait.

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Praying all accounts! Especially, praying for that LOA/LSC! I need to go check out Maggie's photos! Did Hope make any of the shots? I guess I'll find out in a few minutes when I go look for Maggie and hopefully Kendall. I think Maggie is tiny (petite)! Of course, I think both Hope and Maggie are beautiful like my Kendall and Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, your family and especially your two new daughters will be in my prayers. God is so good and He will help us. I think that is so wonderful that you are considering bring your whole gang along when you go. We are bringing Noah and Max with us for the same reasons. Even if you aren't able to after all, it will still be ok. Everything will work out for you for the good. I really believe that. Hang in there! You are getting closer to them every day.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie. Just read your update and thought I'd let you know I'm praying for you and your growing family!
    Marianne Lameyer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, I am praying for all of your requests. No one understands better than me, the LOA wait. Praying your news comes THIS week! I think it's a GREAT idea to bring everyone when it's an older chid/ children adoption, but I know costs can get so high. Especially when traveling in the summer. Yep, I know that first hand. And yes, I even understand leaving Ethan. We had never left ANY of ours for any length of time before this last trip. But it ended up working out fine. I know it will for you, too, and I pray that you will have PEACE no matter what you end up doing.

    I'm so happy that you've been so BLESSED with so many photos of the girls. Yay!

    ReplyDelete