Friday, May 11, 2012

3 Little Letters Mean SO Much!





That's Right!  WE RECEIVED OUR LOA'S!!!!!  It took 90 LOOOONNNNGGG days.  And wouldn't you know it?  We're out of town.  Well, I came prepared.  We packed our I800's "just in case".  And I'm so glad I did.

We are in Maryland surprising my friend who flew home from China with her new daughter.  She had no idea we were coming.  And it was a great surprise.  Anyway, we flew in on Thursday morning. Spent all day relaxing and hanging out with my friend's family.  Well at 5 PM, just as we pulled out of our hotel to head to the airport to meet them, the phone rings.  It was our agency.  "Congratulations, we have your LOA's".  We were thrilled.  They asked where they should send them.  I told them our hotel. She said "OK, well do you have your I800's?"  I said "Um, yeah!  Duh!" (well I did not say duh LOL).  I told her that I did not want to waste any time.  She started laughing.

So she sent it to our hotel. And at 12 PM today it arrived.  We signed everything, made copies, and found a Fed Ex close to drop it off.  It is now on it's way to TX where it will sit in a lockbox.  Then it will head to Missouri (I think).  That is where an officer will look it all over, and approve it.  We will then receive our I800 approvals.  This will go to our agency. They will then send that along with more forms (that we have filled out and will send to them this week) to China.  2 weeks after it's dropped off, our Article 5 will be issued. That will then go to Beijing where then our Travel Approval will be issued.  All of this will take 2-2 1/2 months.  We're looking at travel end of July or beginning of August.  We could very well be home right before the 1st day of school.

So that is our exciting news for now.  We are thrilled!



3 comments:

  1. You are one smart cookie to bring your paperwork with you on vacation. So happy that you finally received your LOAx2, and I love th pictures with the kids holding the signs. Can't wait to hear your next scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 12, 2012

    Fantastic news, Debbie! I'm so excited to follow your family's journey to China to bring home Maggie and Hope. That would be so fantastic if you could go and be home by the time school started. Wonderful! I'm so excited for you and your family.
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete