Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And The Slacker Mom Award Goes To........

That would be me.  Yeah, I'm slacking on updating this blog.  And I feel horrible for not recognizing Maggie's birthday on blog world.

Maggie joined the "teen" club on Saturday, June 1st. She is officially a teenager now.  (pray for us, we have 3 teenage girls living in our house right now......scary).

Maggie had a great day on Saturday.  She woke up to presents from all of us, and then we went to my parents house for more presents & celebrations (we celebrated her birthday, Hope's birthday and my nephew's birthday).

Friday night we had 8 friends from school over to celebrate Hope & Maggie's birthdays'. They had a blast. It was precious to see the kids helping Hope & Maggie read their cards.  And it was priceless to see their friends get generally get excited when Hope & Maggie opened their gifts and were excited for the gift.  I wanted to cry a few tears in the corner because a year ago we were so scared about them having any friends.

Maggie is changing a lot. She is growing up.  Some days are still hard for her, but she is trying.  You can see by the photos how much she has grown.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's amazing what love & a family will do to and for a child.

Happy Birthday Maggie Faith Chunwei.  We love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment