Tuesday, January 8, 2013

5 Months

Wow, on Sunday we celebrated 5 months as being Hope & Maggie's parents.  I can't believe how much can change so quickly. I think back to a year ago, and remember how anxious we were to finish all of the paperwork for their adoption. We were not even DTC yet.  And now here we are, their parents for the past 5 months.  It feels like so long ago that we were paper chasing.  But really it was just a year ago.

Do you see a change in them yet?  Their eyes and smiles say it all.  God is so good!  The other night, Hope said to me "Mommy, I don't like Huainan mama anymore. I like my America mommy".  I got the biggest smile and Hope received the biggest hug from me.  Maggie said she still likes Huainan mama but she likes me too.  :-)  I told her that was okay.  The girls speak only English now.  They do not want to speak Chinese. Every now and then Maggie will sing a Chinese song.  But they don't even talk to each other in Chinese.  And we have not heard them say their Chinese names in months.  They so badly want to be just like everyone else.

8/6/12
1/6/13