Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Update from Agency

So.....Lots of confusion going on about the next step of the process. We have a lot of papers that need to be filled out.  Well, USCIS has changed some things and we found out (from a friend) that one of the blanks needs to be left blank.  Unfortunately her agency did not catch this mistake and it has cost them several weeks.

So, with that new info, I emailed our agency. Just to confirm that we need to leave it blank.

I also asked if they know where we are in the stack of dossiers in China.  If they have any idea if we are moving closer to the top.

And I asked what would happen if our LSC came and Bill was not home, what we needed to do. Because we both have to sign this and return it to China ASAP.

Well my agency emailed me last night.  This was the email.  BTW, we are on day 39 of our wait for LSC.  So according to what they say in the email, we are in "the window" for when it could come.

Hi Debbie,
That is too bad about your friend's trouble with USCIS! That can be so frustrating to loose time. You will want to leave the field for "USCIS Account #" blank. They no longer issue these numbers, though some families who have been in the process for a long time will have a number from an older approval system. 

Unfortunately, short of asking the CCCWA directly, there is no way to know where you are at in the process. If you get to the 12 week mark, we will inquire with the CCCWA. Typical processing is still 5-12 weeks. 

Bill will need to sign the LSC in order for you to file the I-800. If he is out of town you can sign it and scan it to him. He can then sign and scan it back to you. Since you only need a copy to send to USCIS, this should suffice. Once he is back in town he can sign the real thing. You won't send it back to us until you receive your I-800 approval and letter from the National Visa Center. So you will hang on to the LSC for a while before you send it back to us.

I hope this is helpful, Debbie! Let me know if you have any other questions!

PRAYING that we do not have to wait 12 weeks.  

A new friend is traveling to Huainan this weekend to adopt her daughter. She is going to ask to go to the orphanage and she is going to try to find Hope & Maggie. Please pray that they will allow her to go and will allow her to take pictures (and maybe video) of the girls.  I would LOVE to be able to hear their voices.  

Thanks!  

3 comments:

  1. You are getting closer and closer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew you were going to make an announcement! I pray it is soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Debbie, I am adopting a 13 yr. old, my second child. My first is also from China, she's 8 and been home a year this month. Thank you so much for blogging about how to find more pictures. I found one of my daughter from when she was 9 years old! My dossier was sent a few days ago. Did your dossier take only 2 weeks to be logged in?

    ReplyDelete