Friday, December 9, 2011

A little Glimpse

I'm so excited. I have met a new friend online through this adoption.  She is waiting to bring home her precious daughter who is in the same orphanage as Hope & Maggie.  Well her daughter just had a birthday and she sent her a birthday cake.  I was so happy to see that Maggie was at this little party.  So happy to see the smiling faces.  Every little glimpse of our girls is a treasure to us.

Maggie is standing up in the pink jacket

I LOVE this picture.  Maggie is behind the birthday girl. I LOVE how it looks like they are praying. But I think they are making a wish.  I wonder what Maggie is wishing for.  :-)

My friend has offered to take pics of the girls if they allow her to visit the orphanage in a couple of months.  We've also asked if she would mind taking a small gift to the girls and she said she would do that for us.  I'm just amazed at how small this world is.  Thanks to the internet, I have met a new friend, who is adopting one of our girls friends, who lives about 8 hours away from us.  I love how Maggie will have a friend close enough to visit one day. I love how she will be able to keep in touch with her. 

No news on the girls package.  They should have received it by now. I'm not sure if we will find out. I hope so.  Our agency told us that they will only ask for 1 update on the girls before we travel.  So I think we're going to wait until the spring to ask for the updates.

We are on day 31 of our wait for the I800.  Our social worker tried to expedite it for us but USCIS said no.  They will only expedite in a life threatening emergency.  So we sit and wait.  Please continue to pray for this process.  We're ready to get on that plane and go.

Hopefully we'll get some more updates soon about their package.  If we do, I'll put it here on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting for your family. We have also met some many nice people through the internet. We leave for China next Thursday to get our precious daughter who is 9 years old. We will pray for your family as you wait for your news.

    ReplyDelete