Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Good Week!

This has been a good week for our family.  Every day we see more improvements in everyone's attitudes. It's like we are finally clicking as a family of 8.  We have been home a short 6 weeks now.  And honestly I think we've come a long way in such a short amount of time.

Maggie LOVES Tiff.  She (and Hope) get so excited if they see Tiffs car is home. That means (most of the time) that Tiff is home.  I love how excited they are to see Tiff. And I think Tiff loves it too.  This photo was taken the other day.  I told them to make "silly faces".



The girls came home the other day with a letter written in Chinese.  They were so happy but we told them we could not read it.  We thought it was from a teacher so we told them to tell teacher to write so we can read it.  Well the next day they came home with another letter. This time in Chinese & in English.  And guess what???  It was from a FRIEND!  Oh my were they excited.  Their friend gave them her phone number and address and asked if they could come over for a play date.  She also said that her mom speaks Mandarin.  I could not believe this.  Really God???  You have brought a friend who's mom (and the friend can too a little) can communicate with the girls???  Why am I surprised?  I should not be.  God has been with us since the beginning.  Why do I doubt that He would bring friends in their lives who can talk to the girls etc.  I know I have said this before, but GOD IS GOOD!

The girls are at their friends house as I'm typing this. They were happy. Hope kept saying "Goodbye Mama" and trying to get me to leave. LOL  I'm anxious to hear how the play date went.  I'm leaving soon to pick them up.

Also, the girls came home with a recipe from their cooking class. It was also in English &  Chinese. Their teacher translated it for them on the computer.  Again, I've said it before. But the teachers at the school have been amazing!  I also had another teacher call the other day. He thought I was going to be at the meeting they were having but then when I knew nothing about it, he realized it was just for the teachers. So he asked if there was anything I wanted them to discuss while they were meeting. I just told him how wonderful I think they all have been to the girls and to please do not make them feel any differently than the other kids.  He was very nice and said he enjoys starting his day with Hope & Maggie.  Yes, that was something I was very happy to hear.  He said "have you noticed any "good mornings" or "good evenings"?"  I said "Oh yes...." He said "we've been working on that .  LOL I told him that they have to yell "Gooda Morninga" to the sheriff who directs the traffic in the morning LOL

Wednesday night I got out the English/Chinese Bible that we have and gave it to Hope. She sat down and was reading it. She could not put it down.

Yesterday the girls came downstairs in the morning and they were dressed exactly the same.  These were not the outfits they picked out the night before. Well it was the outfit Hope picked but Maggie changed to match Hope.  Of course I took a photo.  I do believe we now have 2 sets of "twins".  LOL


Since it was Friday we got our swimsuits on and went in the pool.  These girls are turning into FISH!  Yesterday they both took their swim rings off and wanted to SWIM!  I was so nervous but allowed them to IF they stayed in the shallow end.  Well by time we had to get out, Hope was doing flips under the water and doing hand stands.  And Maggie was going under and trying to do flips & hand stands under the water too.  They are teaching themselves how to swim.  I'm so amazed with how quickly they are learning things.  6 weeks ago we had to bribe them to go in the pool.  Now they beg to get in the pool.  After swimming we ate hamburgers & french fries.  The girls started making silly faces while eating their food. So I grabbed the camera.



French Fries sticking out of their mouths
Today when I was making Hope, Maggie & Ethan's lunch, Hope asked if Abby & Jadyn were eating it too. I said "No, they are going with daddy".  She looked at me for a second (I could tell she was thinking) and then she said "Abby, Jadyn.......hamburger-a".  I laughed so hard.  I looked at Hope and said "Oh Hope, GREAT words!"  I loved how she was thinking of the right English words to use, and used them properly.

OK, update on the friend play date.  They had a BLAST!  They were happy to see me when I showed up too which made me feel good. And they were planning their next play date.  LOL  I'm so thankful for the people God is putting into the girls lives.

Yesterday, Sept 28, marked the first time we saw the girls photos.  It was the day we thought about adopting 2 at the same time.  We asked our agency to review the files.  We were nervous about adopting 2.  And then we found out what their Love Without Boundaries names were.  Hope & Maggie. We knew that God was telling us to adopt them both.  So here we are a year later.....With 6 kids.



Tonight Bill & I went out with friends.  Tiff stayed home to babysit. She said "Hope was SO good. She had fun.  Maggie was good but didn't listen a few times".  I was really happy to hear this.  Because we always worry about Hope's behavior when we are gone.  And she seems to always be good for everyone. So thankful for this.  We know she is a good girl. She just likes to test me & Bill.  But I guess most kids do that, right?  Test their parents, but act differently (better) for others?  

It has been a GOOD week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment