Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Amazed!

I'm simply amazed.  I don't know why. Everyone told me I would be.  But I am still AMAZED!  We have been home just about 5 weeks now. Been the girls parents for just over 6 weeks. And WOW!!!  Simply amazed at how quickly they are adjusting.

We went to celebrate Bill's niece's 7th birthday on Sunday.  The girls got dressed and they all chose to wear the same shirt.  Very cool.  I thought "Okay, but you don't have to". And then I'm glad they did. Because they were easy to find at the park.  LOL

After the park we went to Bill's brothers house and had more cake.  Maggie's tongue turned green (I think that's green).  Her personality is starting to shine. She's so funny and loves to laugh.

Yesterday the girls came home with library books.  Hope kept saying "TEACHER".  I opened it and Hope wrote her name in it. I said "Hope, NO!  This is a library book". We had it translated and Maggie freaked out.  Hope erased it. I know Hope was thinking "teacher gave to me, it's mine". LOL  Well, Hope was excited about the book.  And guess what???  She can READ!!  Yep this girl is reading.  And she's so proud.

Tonight Maggie wanted to do sidewalk chalk. She kept saying it in Chinese and I had no idea what she was talking about. Finally she went and found the sidewalk chalk and asked to go outside with Jadyn. I said okay.  I looked and she drew a hopscotch game on the sidewalk. then was drawing another one. She was playing it with Jadyn.  Wow!



Then the girls were getting ready for church. It's crazy hat night for AWANA so A & J had on their crazy hats. Well H & M are not in AWANA but they wanted a hat. So I gave them the hats we brought to China that they did not like.  Interesting now how they like the hats.  LOL  They are too cute in them.  Then when they saw the camera, they wanted pictures. Well, Maggie posed. I had to ask Hope to pose. She was more interested in listening to Chris Tomlin on her iPod.  Yeah, this girl loves music.  And she is learning the songs and singing.







I'm amazed at how the girls are adjusting to their new life. They are bonding with all of us. They are comfortable with us. We get lots of giggles and smiles daily.  We are able to joke with them. And they joke back.  We are starting to have fun, as a family.  I'm just amazed. I do not think I would adjust so quickly if I was told to live with strangers in China.  Goodness, I know I would not. Just the 2 weeks we have to stay there for the adoption was too much for me.  These girls are so brave. I wish I had 1/2 of the courage that they have.  I am so excited to see them grow and to see them learn about Jesus.  (They are at church now in youth, and excited to go).  Thanks for praying for our family.  I'm so thankful for the happy moments.  So thankful for the smiles. So thankful that we are able to be amazed by such a wonderful experience.  God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to read how well the girls are bonding. How does the little guy feel about having all these girls around? I hope show him some love too. It's hard being the youngest. I noticed that Maggie is wearing shorts and pants, and not only dresses or skirts. That's good since hopefully the weather will start to get cooler here in Florida. Again, so happy that everybody is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete