Thursday, September 6, 2012

School Update

Is it wrong of me to say how I LOVE the quiet during the day?  I have enjoyed 5 of our 6 kids being in school.  Yes, I miss them by the end of the school day.  But honestly it's nice having the break.  But the 3 hours everyone is home between school and bedtime it is LOUD here.  I'm exhausted.  LOL

Hope and Maggie LOVE school.  They get in the car with HUGE smiles on their faces.  Yesterday & today they earned a "character trait" ticket (or something like that) for being good.  This is like gold to them.  They are proud of this ticket and keep it in their binder.  Today they showed me immediately and said "TWO".

My anxiety was over car line.  Yesterday morning was the first time to drop them off in the morning.  And oh boy.....They got out and walked between cars to get to the other side of the line to get to the gate we kept telling them they needed to go through.  I quickly rolled down my window and yelled "NOOOOO" and motioned to go to the sidewalk next to our car. A teacher came over with a big smile on her face and helped them.  We have been going over "do not pass the yellow line. Follow the kids".

Today when I picked them up a teacher walked them to the car and she had a big smile on her face.  She said "I love that your girls get the biggest smile on their faces when they spot the van".  I thought she was going to cry when she was telling me this.  She was genuine. I thanked her & the other teacher helping our girls for making sure they were safe.  I'm praising God for the people He is putting in their day.  So many have been so kind to help them.

This morning I had to take the girls to the doctor for a 2 week follow up.  The doctor was amazed at the changes she noticed. She said they look healthier.  Hope's heart murmur was almost non-existent. She is wondering if she was dehydrated 2 weeks ago.  That's possible.  I took a photo of the girls while we were waiting.



The girls were not happy that they were missing school.  Another praise.  When I was signing them in at the school office, a boy walked by.  Maggie smiled, waved and said "HI" to him. He did a little wave and said hi and kept walking.  She came to me and said something in Chinese while pointing to herself.  I think she told me he is a friend.  They did tell us yesterday that they made some friends.  And the school told me that they have been paired with a few girls during the day in their classes and the girls are so sweet to Hope & Maggie.  Another praise.  

Yesterday when Maggie was going through her binder, we came across this.  Bill & I both said "Well this did not take long".  LOL  


The girls have 2 spelling test tomorrow and a geography test too.  They want them to try.  The girls know how to write the words, but not sure they remember what the words are.  Their teachers have been great.  No expectations.  They just want them to try.  I think the goal right now is to learn the language.  

God is with our girls.  They are HAPPY.  They can't wait to go to school.  I'm so thankful for the people he's putting in their lives.  I don't know why I was worried.  God has been in this adoption from the beginning.  Why would I question Him being with the girls now?  

Each day is getting easier. The girls are happier now that they are in school.  They miss us.  They want to be here now.  They told our friend last night that they know we love them.  A week ago they did not feel like we were family.  So much has changed.  We still have a long way to go.  But I am seeing improvements.  


6 comments:

  1. What an awesome report! I am thrilled beyond words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news about Hope's heart murmur. I think Maggie and my daughter Rachel wore the same shorts to school today. Maggie's handwriting is very nice. So happy to hear how they are loving school. I know that was stressful hoping that they would. No more stress there. I'm so very happy for you and your family. I hope that one day we will get to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!!! So glad for the baby steps. Just remember that it is two steps forward one step back, but they are making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice to read that they are liking school and doing so well! I've been trying to figure out what services my public school district offers and I'm so tired of being sent from one person to the next that today I gave up and I'm going to keep homeschooling my own way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great report. I'm glad the girls are doing so well in school and that the school staff is being so helpful. Praise! Praise! Praise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for that wonderful update!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete