Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day of School!!

The day has finally come.  The girls first day of school. Oh my goodness are they excited. Last night we were typing some things into the translator to help them with today.  They were understanding and so excited.  Please pray for them.  We told them "this is not like China school".  (Vicky thank you for your post because I would have never thought that they would expect school to be like their school in China).

They went to bed last night with no problems.  They had complained that we put them to bed too early. Well last night there were no complaints.  They knew that when they woke up they were going to school!

We packed their backpacks and lunches last night.  I helped pick out their outfits for today. They don't understand there is a dress code. They don't understand they are going to middle school and certain clothes they do have might get them picked on (they are small for their ages so we are limited on clothing choices/styles).  They cooperated with my choice of outfits and laid them out so they were ready when they woke up.

So now, here it is, about 30 min before we have to leave.  They are fed, dressed and anxious to leave.  I had to put on a Chinese Dance DVD for them to occupy them until it's time to leave.

Of course, I took the annual 1st day of school photos of the girls.  And oh my did they pose.  Seriously these girls are changing.  I used to have to BEG to get a photo.  Now I just point at the camera, and tell them where to stand.  When I told them to stand together, well just look at the photo. I did not notice it when I took the pictures.  THEY ARE HOLDING HANDS!!!!!!

I will update tonight on how their first day went.  Please pray.  Thanks so much!










3 comments:

  1. Praying for a GREAT day for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding hands, so sweet! Hope and Maggie are kickin' it old skool and starting after Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete