Friday, September 14, 2012

English

I've had so many thoughts going on in my head the past few weeks. Things I want to blog about. And of course I have not written any of them down so I would not forget.  I need to do that.  But who has the time? And little hands (about 10 of them) keep taking any notebook/paper etc that I seem to find. LOL

I was asked how the language is coming along.  Lets just say, I'm amazed.  These girls are learning quickly.  They are still learning so there is still some hard times communicating.  But it's a lot easier than it was.  I do believe they understand us more than they can verbally communicate to us.

Some of the words the girls say, and understand what they are saying are:
-Daddy Come Here/Mommy Come Here
-Thank You
-You're Welcome
- I'm Sorry
-Excuse Me
-Bathroom
-Teacher Listen (means they listen to teacher)
-Homework
-School
-Shower
-Eat
-Drink
-Good
-Bad
-Hello
-GoodBye
-I Love You
-Good Night
-Sleep
-Hope can now count and recognize the numbers 1-20
-They can say each of our names, and call each other Hope & Maggie
-Stop It
-Friend
-Good Job
-Yay
-Pencil
-No
-Yes
-Okay

These are the things I can think of off of my head.  Hope tries very hard to learn English. Maggie is trying but we think she understands us more.  Maggie tries to make sure Hope behaves. She will yell "Hopa stop it!"  (yes, most of their words end with an "a".)  :-)

We did get an email the other day about Hope not behaving in school.  She refused to go outside with her PE class and laid on the gym floor.  So we talked to her about this. She was upset that she got in trouble. The look on the girls faces when I told them the teacher contacted me was, well priceless. But not in a good way.  You could tell that they had no idea the teacher would contact us. Well now they know.  We had our friend come over and talk to Hope about why she did not participate. She said she was tired and too hot.  We told her that she has to stay with her class and that she will get graded for trying. We could tell Hope had no idea she gets graded for PE.  Hope said she likes her other classes because she can learn, write and make her teachers proud.  She also said Maggie can not keep up with the teacher so she copies off of Hope's paper.  Hope also said the teacher only has to teach her something one time and then she understands it.

The girls love going to school.  They come home happy. They immediately want to do their homework.  They get upset if they have homework that they can not do (stuff with questions and answers). They can do their math every night so that is good.  They are getting A's in their classes. I'm so happy the teachers are having them try and not making them feel different.  Conference night is next week and I plan on going.

It's Friday. No big plans for the girls tomorrow. Just hanging out.  Sunday we plan on going to their cousin's birthday party.  It's at a park so hopefully it will be fun for them and not too stressful for us.

OH, we went to the orthopedic on Tuesday and Maggie checked out good.  No worries for now. Hope will need physical therapy for her legs. We are praying that will fix her walking problem that she has.  We see the neurologist this Tuesday for Hope. Praying they can help us with some of the behavior's we've experienced.

All in all the girls are doing amazing.  They are flourishing and thriving in their new lives.  Last night we had to teach Hope how to hug, without giving us whiplash.  She got it. Now let's pray she remembers today when she gets home.  LOL  She hugs hard, and pulls us down and it literally hurts our necks.

Thanks for praying and checking on us.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!! I am loving hearing about your girls and the insight it gives me for our girl!!

    The video is awesome!! THANK YOU!!

    BTW- so sorry Mia asked "which one do you like best"- she has a lot to learn about Mommas and Babbas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like they are doing great! Thanks for the frequent updates for those of us who are living this vicariously through you and wish we could do the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, I had to laugh about the hugging. Rachel is very strong too. She can knock me down without trying.

    Your girls have really come so far in such a short time home. So happy that they love school.

    ReplyDelete