Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Haircut & More

Today I took the girls for their 1st haircut.  When I motioned cutting & hair they both said "NO!" I said "little bit". They said okay.

We got there and had to wait a few minutes.  This is never fun with Hope. Because she gets bored and then she starts touching everything. She did okay.

She went first.  Of course they did not know what they were going to do.  When she got her hair washed she just beamed and giggled.  She sat good in the chair for her haircut.  And she loved getting her hair blow-dried.

(Sorry the photos are so bad, I had my small camera).





Maggie went 2nd.  She liked getting her hair washed. And she was good when she got her hair cut. I think she was nervous that she was going to cut a lot.  When she was finished, she had the biggest smile on her face. She liked her new hair cut (even though it did not look any different LOL) And forgive me, camera battery died before Maggie's hair was finished. :-(




Today their sisters got baptized. This was their first time to a "beach".  Hope did not want to wear her bathing suit. Maggie did, but we did not want them to "swim". We were just there for the baptism's and then we were leaving. They did play in the water up to their knees. We took some photos when we were done.  These came out precious I thought.  (the family photo was hard to capture. Getting SIX kids to look at the same time and smile is nearly impossible LOL)







Today was another hard day for me.  Taking 6 kids out is stressful.  5 of the 6 are pretty good.  1 is a handful.  And it's hard keeping up with her. She touches EVERYTHING.  And as soon as we got to the beach, she started to pull her pants down to go to the bathroom in the grass.  I said "NO" about 10 times (she kept doing it every 20 seconds).  She did not have to go because she went right before we left the house.  She just does things like this.  She's a magnet for things she should not touch.  And it gets tiring making sure she does not touch something she should not touch.  I know her precious smile does not show the mischievous side to her.  That is the best way to describe her. Mischievous.  It's like she KNOWS she should not do it, but she wants to do it anyways.  I feel horrible because during their sisters baptism I was so stressed out over the behavior I was having to deal with.  I'm so thankful my sister was there, because she helped Tiff look after her so I could be with Abby & Jadyn.

Today was the first day that I know of that Hope was calling Maggie, Maggie.  Usually they call each other their Chinese name.  But today she was saying "Maggie shui jiao" (sleep). I thought it was cute. She was so tired but did not want to go to bed without Maggie going to bed too.

Praying tomorrow is a good day. Each day does have it's good moments.  And I'm cherishing each and every one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment