Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's "Go" Time

The day is finally here.  Travel day.  Well actually we leave very early in the morning but tonight we said goodbye to the kids.  That was so hard for me.  And the girls did not take saying goodbye too well either.  Lots of tears shed.  Broke my heart.  Ethan on the other hand looked at us like we were weird.  He said "you sad?  I not sad".  LOL  He was happy to be playing with his friend.

So the kids are where they need to be.  And we are finishing the last minute packing.  Our friend should be here in 20 minutes to take us to the airport. We are spending the night at the hotel so we can be there for our early flight.

I plan to update the blog from Beijing and I plan to be on FB too. PLEASE send me emails.  I'm already homesick and we have not even left yet.

Here are 3 photos for you.  The packing. What a chore. Bill wanted to be as simple as possible. I don't do well with simple.  So the girls & I have enough clothes for the 2 weeks.  LOL  Bill used his "magic" and made EVERYTHING fit into 2 medium bags and 1 small bag. And we are under weight.  Hopefully China will not give us a hard time about having 3 bags.  Once we have the girls we'll be okay (we're allowed 1 bag per person and it has to be under 44 lbs each).

So, here are 2 photos.  The "before" and the "after".  Amazing huh?



Abby & Ethan really wanted to go.  Unfortunately the airlines don't accept children in the luggage.


Today I asked our friend Pinky if she could take one last photo of us as a family of 6.  

Next post should be from Beijing, China!  :-)  

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! I've waited for this day with you for sometime now. I'm happy for Hope and Maggie! Praying for a safe blessed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covering you all in prayer. So excited to see you all when you get HOME!! Much Love Is Being Sent Along With You All!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful journey! Looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete