Thursday, August 9, 2012

Friday in Hefei

It's almost 7 AM. And Hope is still sleeping. Maggie just woke up. Thank you Lord for Melatonin.  Is that wrong for me to say???  They were wired last night so I gave them a dose.  they both slept like babies.  Over 10 hours.

you know, I wondered if they would take medicine for me.  Would they trust me.  Honestly, they open their mouths and take it. I explain it's for "sore throat" (Maggie has a scratchy throat) or "just because". Maggie did not like the cold medicine but took it.

I have had so much to say and it's all in my head. I need a pen and paper to write my thoughts down on because once I get a chance to type it's all gone.

We have 10 hours left here in this hotel.  We leave at 5 PM today. We are so ready. But today is going to be long.  What are we going to do for 10 hours?  We're basically stuck in the room because of bad weather.  I'm going to see if the girls want to paint their toenails.  Maggie might jump at the chance. Not sure about Hope.  We'll probably be watching a lot of WONDERFUL Chinese Soap Operas and Wipe Out.  Maybe we'll take another nap. LOL  That will kill some time.

So yesterday Bill got pizza. He was gone forever.  Guide said "just down the street". I think it took over an hour. Bill said "Um yah, not down the street".  Thankfully Shelly went with him.  The girls LOVED the pizza. When we opened the box Maggie's eyes bugged out.  Hope ate 2 slices, Maggie 1.  I'm SO happy because they are at least trying new things, and LIKING it. :-)

The candy intake was almost none yesterday. And the attitudes were so different. In a very good way. Hope was very mellow most of the afternoon.  She had her moments. But there was more calmness than hyperness.  It was time to take showers. M got her night clothes. H did not so I got them. She threw her panties on the ground very hard. I looked at her and said "Pick it up". She did and threw them down again. We did this 3 times. Finally I had had it and put her clothes down and picked her up and said "sit on your bed" and walked away. She laughed at me the whole time. I went to help Maggie and Bill tried talking to Hope. She knew she was naughty. And Maggie yells at Hope too.  FU FANG!!!!  (her Chinese name).  Hope came to the shower and finished taking her shower with no real issues.  They only need me to help turn water on and give them shampoo.  The rest they do themselves. They make a HUGE mess. Water everywhere.  But at least they are showering.  I've heard some kids don't want to shower every day. They do.  They have never put up a fight yet when I say "shower time".

I was using the hair dryer the other day and they were amazed. So now I have to blow-dry their hair.  More bonding.

these girls are night & day. So completely different. I think that is a good thing.  they don't clash with each other.

Well I hear moving around. We need to shower so we can eat and then get back to Skype with the kids.  Thanks for all the comments and emails. They mean the world to me.  The encouragement is much needed right now and has been helping us.  I keep thinking, one week from right now, as I'm typing this, we should be on the flight from Newark to Tampa. YAY!!!!

Love & Hugs.....

The "jelly's" they like to eat

Maggie's first pizza

Hope showing her pizza

Nap time. They stole our bed.  And slept for 3 hours.  

6 comments:

  1. Debbie,

    You're doing a great job!! It sounds like the girls are bonding really well with you and Bill. Guangzhou does make everything easier because you can get outside more. Can't wait to hear what the girls think about the airplane!

    Happy Anniversary! What a great way to spend it!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two funnies for you:when we were in china getting HJ, we bought some of those "jellys" to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Needless to say, we were a bit surprised when we opened them up in our room. When the boys first ate pizza at home, they ate it with chopsticks! I was amazed that they could even hold it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck on your flight. I hope the girls do well. It sounds like H needs you to be more strict with her and it sounds like it's working, too.

    You're on the home stretch once you are in Guangzhou. Hang in there.

    I wish I could be at the airport to welcome you home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a good Anniversary! It seems the girls are doing well and you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress! And I cannot believe that the slept for 3 hours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, I remember Zoe's first pizza. :) Ours was at the Pizza Hut in Guangzhou... which you are probably traveling there now. GZ is halfway to home!!!

    ReplyDelete