Monday, August 13, 2012

SHOPPING!!!

So, I think I left off yesterday that Bill was going to Walmart and then we were going to get Mexican food. Well Bill did go to Walmart. But we did not go to the Mexican restaurant.  We were not that hungry and we figured Hope & Maggie would not like it. Bill bought noodles from Walmart so the girls ate that, with some fruit.  I had to wake the girls up from their nap, again.  It think it was after 6.  We were hoping to meet our friends at the pool. The girls said "NO".  They did not want to go.  So we finally said "lets go see it". So we did.  They did not want to go in even after seeing our friends in there. But they sat in the chairs and watched.  Bill got his suit on and got in, hoping that would change their mind.  Nope.  After 30 min or so we left.  It was like 7:30 or so. I told them to take their showers and I made their noodles.  We Skyped with the family for a bit and then around 9:15 time for bed.  The girls were wired. Well Maggie was wired. Hope was calming down. So down goes the Melatonin and 15 min later snoring.  Have I said how much I love that stuff???
Hope sitting by the pool.


So this morning, I woke them up at 8.  UGH!  We were rushed this morning. Had to be downstairs by 9:30.  Bill & I can not shower until they are awake and dressed. Because they will walk in on us. I know I've said that several times.  We can not wait to get home so we can get showers in privacy.

Breakfast was the same stuff.  I'm tired of french toast.  When we were here 2 years ago, I remember the selection being much better.

9:30 we had to meet in the lobby to go back to the medical exam to have their arm tested from the TB test.  the bus was stuck in traffic. It was after 10 before another bus arrived.  We drove about 20 min to the clinic, got out, walked past about 50 people waiting, the nurse checked their arm, and we left.  PASSED!  Yay!  No TB.
This is in our hotel lobby.  Go USA!!!

Then on to the island for SHOPPING!  This is the part of the trip (other than Gotcha Day) that I look forward to. And guess what??? Our girls DO NOT like to shop.  And it was HOT. So they were grumpy.  Maggie did pick out 2 head bands and a dress.  Hope did not want anything. She looked at EVERYTHING, touched EVERYTHING, and even broke a few things.  One of the owners came chasing us down after we left saying "Your daughter broke tea pot".  GREAT!!!!!  So we went back, she broke the knob to the top of the teapot.  She said "normally 380 yuan. But I give it to you for 100.  It's a nice tea set.  But we were not planning on buying one.  If it makes it back in one piece, then this will be Hopes.  :-)

Maggie liked this. But put it back. We did not buy it

Hope being silly

This man making Hope's name on a card for us

The tea set we HAD to buy.

We also bought Jie Jie shirts for them like we have for our other girls.  And we bought a few other little things.  On our way out, we saw a Mickey Mouse suitcase.  They wanted 120 and we paid 100.  Woo Hoo.
This is just too cute!

OH, I DID IT!!!  I was so excited.  Usually Bill is the one who deals with the pricing.  But today I did it.  Alisa I was looking for the outfit for Hudson.  I found one and asked for a size 6.  Then said "how much?"  She said 120.  I said "Oh no, too much".  She said "how much you want to spend?"  I said "I was hoping for 60"  She said "that is 1/2 price" and laughed.  I said "Well we'll think about it."  She said "wait, you can have it for 60".  WOO HOO!!!  I hope that is a good price for you Alisa.  I was happy to get them down 50% without even trying.
This is the lady who let me get the outfit for 1/2 price. the outfit is in the bag. 

A storm was coming so we went to Lucy's for lunch.  We were all tired by this point. And cranky.  The girls ate 1/2 of their food.  Then we left.  It was raining. Miss Priss Maggie did not want to get wet.  Well she had to and was laughing the whole time.  They loved getting wet.

Now we are back for rest time.  Nothing is planned for the rest of the day. Maybe we'll try to go to the pool again.  Even if it's just to hang out with friends.

Tomorrow we have to be in the lobby at 7:50 to drive to our consulate appointment.  Then we're going to a street market or something and then back to the island.  Tomorrow night might be a group dinner, if we're up for it.  Wednesday I think we just get ready to go home. Get the girls Visa's at 3 PM and then head for the train.  Bill said we're in 1st class (did not ask for that) and he thinks it's a bullet train.  Very cool!

Bill is feeling much better. No more attacks.  Praise God. Thanks for praying.  Continue to pray for his health, for our sanity (LOL) and for the flight home.

If you are up to come to the airport we would love to see you.  The girls might be shy, but I think it will do good if they see how many people already love them.  Praying our flight is NOT delayed at all.




4 comments:

  1. Hi.....I have so enjoyed following your blog. It's great to see the change in the girls throughout this time. They seem to be adjusting well. I pray it continues and gets better and better once you get home. What a blessing all around. You are on the home stretch now...just a few more days. We are still praying for all of you. Love, Emalee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie--You rock!! You are quite the wheelin' and dealin' gal now. Ha Ha. So happy you were able to get an outfit for Hudson. Thank you Thank you!! So glad Bill is feeling better. You all had a lot of people praying for that here. Hang in there girlfriend--It's almost time to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear that the TB Tests were negative.

    Very happy to hear that Bill is feeling better.

    You're almost home! Just a few more days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That us at master wangs right. Got totally ripped off there lol

    ReplyDelete