Sunday, August 12, 2012

Things are Looking Brighter!

Yesterday was a good day. the girls slept for 4 and 5 hours in the afternoon.  We had to wake Maggie up at 7 PM so we could eat.  We asked them if they wanted McDonalds and they lit up and said YES.  I thought we were doing take out so I did not bring my camera.  So sorry no photos of their first McD trip because we ended up eating it there.  We ran into new friends and chatted for a bit.  Maggie ordered a strawberry milkshake and french fries.  Hope ordered an ice cream cone, cheeseburger and french fries.  Maggie had some of my chicken nuggets too.  They ate everything!

We came back to the room for showers and Bill ran to 7-11 for drinks.  He came back with Starbucks for me. YUMO!  It tasted so good. And I'm not a big coffee drinker. :-)

The girls I don't think have ever seen a hair dryer before  Once they saw me use it the other day for myself they have asked me to dry their hair. Another moment to bond.  

I want to say "thank you" to whoever decided to bottle up melatonin.  This works miracles for our girls.  Since they slept so long yesterday we were not sure if they would go to bed. Around 10 PM they each got a dose and by 10:15 snoring.  YAY!

This was during their nap. Notice Hope's foot on Maggie. LOL


Today we had to wake them up so we could go to breakfast.  Their breakfast choices are so unique.  It's going to be hard for them when they don't have lotus root or noodles available for them at breakfast. LOL


Today we went with our group to the Chen Family Temple. Our 3rd visit here I think. The girls were bored. They did not know where we were. So after Kelly explained things to us, she took all of the older kids and did the same "tour" with them, but this time spoke to them in Chinese.  They looked like they were on a little field trip.  It was cute.  Hope wandered off again and scared us. We could not find her for a minute. She is super fast.  Just curious and does not realize that she is leaving us.  We asked Kelly to please tell her she needs to stop doing this.  We went in a few of the shops at the temple and Maggie wanted a bracelet. So we let her get one. Hope did not want anything.  Hope really has not asked for us to buy her anything, except food. LOL  It was hot and the girls can not take the heat or walking a lot.  they get grumpy. I had taken a few apples from breakfast so they munched on that while we waited to leave.  

I love her smile!  She definitely smiles with her eyes too.

The kids on their own tour with Kelly

Sisters forever. And, wearing clothes from the US!  Praise!!!!

Taking a rest. Ready to get out of the heat

I could tell Hope was struggling to walk. So Bill pick her up. She LOVED that.  

After the temple, we went to a mall to buy pearls and jade etc.  I wanted to get the girls pearls. I have bought pearls for Tiff, Abby & Jadyn from China for their wedding day. And so I of course need to get some for H & M.  When they saw me looking at them and I said "2" they both shrugged up their noses, pointed to themselves and said "NO".  LOL  I said "For mama".  they said "OK" As the girl was making the pearls, I asked if I could get earrings for free.  She said "Yes, I'll do that for you".  Yay!  I paid $100 US dollars for 2 pearl necklaces and matching earrings.  Hopefully that is good.  

The Mall

Making the pearls

Their pearls.  Maggie on Left, Hope on Right (I think LOL)

We went to a DVD and CD store.  The girls were excited. I wished we had a DVD player in the hotel room.  But we don't. We had Kelly tell them they can't watch until we get to America.  they seemed bummed but understood.  It was funny, because I also spotted Grey's Anatomy on a DVD set in there.  LOL  So I snapped a photo. I did not buy it though.  These are the movies they picked out.  

Greys, CSI, West Wing, Alias etc

Next was the Silk store. Very small store. But we did buy something for Tiff.  Hopefully you'll like it. As we were leaving I saw this HUGE statue and said "girls take picture". I was surprised when they said OK.  


On our way back to the hotel we saw this limo. Not sure if it's for a wedding or funeral. There were several cars following with gift bows on them.  Very interesting.

We got back around 1:30 or so. Walked to McD's. This time for take out. It was chaos in there today. the girls wanted ice cream for lunch.  NOPE!  they were not happy with the NO answer. So they got 2 pieces of chicken wings with fries.  When we got to the elevators in our hotel, Bill & Maggie kept walking to the 7-11. Hope & I got on the elevator. When she realized they were not with us she got so upset. She wanted to go with Bill. It was sweet to witness.  She really loves Bill.  And if he leaves her, she does not like it.  Once we got in the room and I gave her her food, she was okay.  And yes, today I snapped a photo.  :-)


I know I said this already, but I'm SO happy Maggie is wearing clothes from home. She's not happy about it.  and she told Kelly she wants to go clothes shopping. I told Kelly to tell her when we get to America we are definitely going shopping.  That made her happy.  But I'm not sure she fully understands.  She did ask "When are we going to America' though. LOL  

Today was a good day. Hope only ran off 2 times. And yes, that scares us because we almost lose her. But after Kelly talked to her she stayed close. She keeps showing us her spit and wanting to spit on the ground. She knows we don't want her to. That is why she does this. I motion for her to swallow it. She finally does and then I give her a HIGH 5. This is our new game.  

Bill was planning on going to Walmart with the group at 4 but I think he's sleeping. Pray for him. He woke up at 5 AM in HORRIBLE pain. He said he felt his body go flush and he was sweating and he almost had me call an ambulance.  Please pray that the pain will go away. He took some Advil today and drank more water.  He's not drinking enough.  

At 6 we are thinking of going to a Mexican restaurant with our group.  Not sure how the girls will do with this. But hey, they need to learn to try new things.  

OK, I should try to rest while the girls are sleeping.  Thanks again for the comments.  4 more sleeps in China!  Start praying for that flight home!!!!  








6 comments:

  1. We went to the same Pearl shop. I'm glad things are going better. I pray that Bill is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying already...can't wait to see you all! What are the girls thinking about the homecoming, do you think, Deb?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Motion sickness is very common among our kids at first because they've never been in cars, busses or vans before. Their inner ear, where balance is controlled, isn't used to the motion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I hope that Bill is feeling better and no longer in pain.

    Any more motion sickness for Maggie? Did you check to see if you could get her something for the flights home?

    Enjoy your remaining days in China.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying here for Bill's good health as well! Wanted to tell you that Makenna's motion sickness started from day 1 in China and is still a problem most of the time. Please do get something for the plane ride or you all will be miserable! We gave Mak an adult tablet of Bonine (I think it's called- it's a form of Dramamine), and she slept 10 of the 13 hours on the plane. Also, I want to talk privately with you on the size/age topic once you are back and settled in...I have a couple of things I can pass along to you that I discovered along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karla would love to chat once we're home. Email is tiffsmom95@me.com

      Delete