Friday, August 3, 2012

We're Here!!!!!

I'm so giddy. I'm in China!!!!! Seeing signs in Chinese, listening to the people talk, the sounds, the smells etc. just makes me excited. I don't know. Maybe I'm just over tired. Lol

So, 11 hours at the Chicago airport was fun. Not really. Ha ha. We were so happy to see our plane show up. Business first class was awesome. I'm so glad we were able to upgrade now. We both slept about 7-8 hours. And no Advil PM was needed. We were so tired from sitting all day. And only getting 3 hours of sleep the night before.

We met a couple on the plane who is also adopting. They adopted a 12 year old girl 5 months ago and are back adopting a 10 year old boy. They gave us a lot of good info on adopting the older child. God definitely put them there for us. Because they calmed a lot of our fears.

We got off of the plane quickly. Made it to immigration. The guy looked at me, looked at my passport, looked at me again. He said " You lose lot of weight?". I said yes. He said "How you do that?" I said exercising and not eating a lot of candy. He laughed and said "I bet that hard". Then let me through. He made my day. :-)

Our driver was waiting for us. He did not speak any English but was really nice. We met our guide at the hotel. She seems sweet. There are 3 other families in our group. We will meet them tomorrow at 8 AM (right before I upload this). There is only wifi in the lobby. Internet Is in Our room but cable does not fit in our laptop. So I'm typing this at 12:45 AM and will upload before our day of tours.

3 more sleeps without the girls. So hard to believe.

We did Skype with our kids. They were happy to see us. We were happy to see them.

I'll post some pictures. I hope they come through.

Thanks for praying.




Nice Leg Room


Bill ready to go


Some people flew backwards. This guy slept most of the flight


Here We Go!



Sunset


Snack. Real glass again. :-)


Melissa Whitten please tell David that "Hope is everywhere" lol


Appetizer. And no I did not eat the shrimp. :-)


Dinner. Beef & potatoes.


Ice cream for dessert.


Map


Debbie's breakfast.


Bills breakfast


We made it!!!!


Our hotel room.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. So glad y'all made it! Wow that plane looked really nice! I knew the next 3 sleeps will go by so fast for y'all. Can't wait till you get the girls.... SO excited for you !

    ReplyDelete