Saturday, August 4, 2012

We Survived The Heat!


We did it!  Made it the whole day. And boy was it HOT!  But we had fun. We met the 3 other families in our group.  2 are going home tomorrow. They adopted older boys and wanted to let them tour Beijing too. The other family is also adopting an older boy (2 months younger than Hope). Their Gotcha Day is also on Monday.  They will be flying to Guangzhou tomorrow.
Forbidden City & Tianamen Square was, well the same as the last time we were there.  At least I can now say I’ve been there when it’s been so cold that it snowed and so hot that we melted. LOL
Then it was off to lunch. No weird food. No fish head (Jadyn I thought about you and knew you would be disappointed).  After lunch was the jade factory. I had to get Jade bangles for Hope & Maggie (since I have some for Abby & Jadyn).  That was hard to choose. We walked out getting 30% off and 5 little free gifts. They told me not to tell anyone.  Oops.  LOL
Next stop The Great Wall.  We walked for 15 min and were done. It’s just too hot.
Oh, guess what?  I see blue skies here. Another first for me.  Yay!
I’m so glad we did not skip Beijing.  As we were on the bus I just looked at the people and reminded myself that this is the country that 5 of our kids are from. I honestly forget that Abby, Jadyn & Ethan are from China.  I can’t wait until we can bring them back here so that they can experience the culture that they were born in.
It’s almost 9 PM now and jet lag has kicked in. I’ll upload some photos.  Bill & I just got back from taking a taxi to guess where?  The Apple Store.  Bill was in HEAVEN!  We got a thing for internet. Yay!  I did not like going to the lobby for WiFi.  
We have an 8:10 AM flight tomorrow to Anhui.  I’ll update as soon as I can.  Probably after noon our time.  2 more sleeps!!!!!  

OK, internet is EXTREMELY slow.  So no photos tonight.  I hope internet is better in Hefei.  

Hugs from Beijing!  

2 comments:

  1. Your so close and I couldn't be happier! Rest well and praying for a good flight to Hefei!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read your positive posts!! I've been praying for you all and the girls. Can't believe that your day of meeting them is almost here!! Yay!! Hope your jet lag wears off quickly. Praying tomorrow you all will wake up feeling like a million bucks. :o) Take Care and know you have a lot of people thinking of you all and lifting you all up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete